Monday, January 28, 2008

Emmylou Harris - Live with James Burton 1976


What we have here is vintage country rock friends. Didn't get much information with this one, just that it was Emmylou Harris with James Burton....sometime in 1976. I take that to mean that this is her with the Hot Band, and this is shortly after "Elite Hotel" came out. Just know this, it's damn good and worth downloading. 'nuff said.



MP3 @ 256
http://sharebee.com/1d17c1a6

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. It's really great. Good sound. Good songs. And Emmylou's personality comes through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you have any Radney Foster????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Emmylou with Burton boot but her voice doesn't sound quite right on it, like the recording is a hair slow making her pitch sound low. Is this the same recording?
    I just like to know before I download.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. not sure if it's the same one vaughn. Look at the track list. I didn't notice any pitch problems but I was listening to this while I was cleaning, so probably wouldn't have noticed anyway.

    Anonymous: I have some Radney Foster though not any boots. I was thinking of doing a special "truer sampler" that would include one of his songs. Don't know if it will ever come to fruition though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to say that this is an awesome sight. I was wondering is you could repost the V-Roys "Are You Through Yet?" CD and the Todd Snider "Colorado Demos"?

    Do you have any Eleven Hundred Springs, Cooder Graw or James McMurtry?

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome....site...yeah...not sight...Well, I guess It's pretty to look at too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check out my blog at http://oldrockr1.blogspot.com I think you might like some of the things I posted. Feel free to link to my page. Enjoy the music.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the emmy - never can get enough! sweet stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting this Emmy Lou Show!

    Thanks for your hard work. This blog is really a great one compared to some that just post and post...interesting write ups and great taste in music!

    I have some Radney Foster posted on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haven't seen anything from you in a while... come back! and when you do, how about reposting that Steve Earle compilation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi

    This is a great boot... I found by accident this Buddy Miller boot:

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LPWIL4IQ
    from this blog...

    http://oldrockr1.blogspot.com/2008/02/buddy-julie-miller-annapolis-md-1999-10.html

    I haven't heard it yet but as there's not a lot BM available.. I though you peeps want to know

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Buddy & Julie Miller is on my blog at http://oldrockr1.blogspot.com and it is an excellent soundboard of an opening set for Dave Alvin. Really excellent stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats where I found it Oldrockr... such a pleasure.. I hope you don't mind I brought it here...

    Peter
    www.yangshuo-travel-guide.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been downloading from Oldrockr1's excellant blog. He's got plenty of great bootleg stuff. And I've had plenty of time, since there's nothing happening at A Truer Sound in something like 18 days...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Truersund,
    thank you, great blog.

    ReplyDelete

Ads...