As I'm sure most of you guys are aware, songwriting legend
Vic Chesnutt passed away this past Christmas day. I don't have much to say about this other than it's a great recording though there is some background chatter throughout that is not too distracting. It just adds to the "live" atmosphere. If you are unfamiliar with Vic's large body of work I would recommend downloading this
free mp3 sampler from his official site to whet your appetite. His style of songwriting and singing is very subtle and subdued but it works it's ways into the deepest valley's of your brain. He will be missed.
MP3
Download Vic Chesnutt - At The 40 Watt here
(
Also available HERE along with other Vic Cesnutt shows)
As we all know, Vic didn't simply "pass away," but it's generous of you to downplay it a bit. The man and his music will be missed.
ReplyDelete