In hindsight, I should have probably bundled these three together and called it The Demo Trilogy or some such nonesense. But really where is the fun in that (OK, I'm just covering my ass!)Big thanks to DownSouth for this one, and thanks to the others who offered. I really appreciate it when you guys "heed the call" so to speak....and so quickly too! DownSouth also provided me with scans from the UT Anthology of the covers of this one and the "Not Forever Just For Now" demo (I have included it in that post for posterity's sake). The artwork was pretty small, so I just incorporated it into the common artwork I did for the other two (hey, I'm lazy like that....wait I mean efficient) .
Not a lot to say about this one except that it was their first demo, and it's actually pretty developed. Can't really find a lot of info on this online either, so I will leave you with a quote from one of the articles over at factorybelt.net (there he goes again with that!)
"To us," Tweedy said, "hard-core punk is also folk music. We draw a close parallel between the two. We'll play both in the same set if we get a chance. We don't have any biases as far as music is concerned."
"We have just as much fun playing acoustic guitars with a whole bunch of people singing along, as we do playing a noisy instrumental."
MP3 @ 127
Uncle Tupelo - Colorblind & Rhymeless (1987 Demo)


sir. you have made my day thank tou
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mr. Sound
ReplyDeleteThese are by far the coolest three blog entries I have ever read on the internet. Thanks for the amazing stuff!
ReplyDeleteHoly mother of pearl! These UT demos are incredible! Between this and the Todd Snider live shows, you have the best blog on the internets these days. WOW!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for posting these. It's like you gave me an early Father's Day present, and you're not even my kid!
ReplyDeleteWow -- Thank you for all 3!
ReplyDeleteGreat stuff...brilliant blog too, keep it up and thanks!
ReplyDeleteFantastic!! Thanks a lot for sharing!
ReplyDeleteNow as soon as I get my stupid term paper done I'll get into this...
And, yeah, I was a bit harsh on Son Volt...I DO dig them.
Cheers,
MLP
Score! Thanks so much for sharing these UT demos. Curious if you have any leads on how to procure the final 4 shows of the Anodyne Tour (their final 4 shows ever) -- I have the 4/29/94 show at the Blue Note and the 5/1/94 show at Mississippi Nights but have not been able to find the 4/28 Blue Note show or the 4/30 Miss Nights show. I'd love to get my hands on all 4. Anyhow, new Wilco record sounds pretty good and new Son Volt record sounds like a throwback to their earlier stuff and is available today. Peace. bfj
ReplyDelete