Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Neil Young - Tonight's The Night Acetate


Many say tonight's the night is Neil's magnum opus....I don't know about that, but it's certainly a contender. This is a studio acetate of an early version of this album including a few songs that didn't make the final cut (though they did make it to other albums, like the superb On The Beach). Here is some more detailed info I found about this: http://www.sidestreetrecords.com/articles/acetateTonightsThe.html

This is worth having for the unreleased Bad Fog Of Lonliness alone (if you're a Neil Completist....c'mon I know you are)

MP3 @ 192

8 comments:

  1. This is just great Neil Young tunes , I myself have quite a few rare ones . Do you have a Young show from Boulder Colorado called guitar in a bar . Jazzme

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna give Neil's ARCHIVES a run for the money (kinda, sorta) if you keep this up.
    TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT was a difficult album to digest when it first came out; I don't think the average Neil Young fan was prepared for how completely he was able "the darkness" of Rock n' Roll on it. Frankly, I don't think we wanted to hear about it at the time. It holds up very well though, ranking with his strongest albums.
    In a converstation with Nils Lofgren once, a friend of mine brought up TONIGHT'S... and Nils said that working on it was long and laborious to capture what seems to be music on the precipice of collapse. Heady stuff. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neil capturing a certain "state of mind" - brilliantly! Thanks so much,

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vaughn, cool story. It's one of my favorite Neil Albums too, but it's hard to call a greatest Neil Young album for me...there are so many good ones for their own reasons.

    and I don't know about me giving the archives a run for their money....let's just wait for that fabled Archives Box Set due out this year (like kid on christmas!)

    Jazzme, I do not have that one....good stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  5. are the versions of walk on and for the turnstiles different than the versions on on the beach? didn't rusty kershaw play on for the turnstiles and im pretty sure rick danko is on walk on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks.

    It's amazing.

    Thanks so much.

    George

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice!! Great stuff here. great site!

    Kahuna Nu

    ReplyDelete

Ads...