
You didn't know it, but you're smack dab in the middle of a 4th of July post extravaganza here at A Truer Sound. And well, what's else says 4th of July better than bottle rockets? Unfortunately these bottle rockets here won't blow your thumbs off, only rock your socks off. This is a demo that I am not really sure where I even got. I can't find any info on it but it's a great demo of one the seminal Alt Country albums The Brooklyn Side. The demos here are a more subdued affair than the rocking Brooklyn Side, but very very cool, and quite a few unreleased songs. Really love the little intros to the songs too....such as the intro to I'll Be Comin' Around where Henneman explains the song is the result of listening to too much fleetwood mac while thinking about his friends girlfriend. Really love the last song on this thing "Gravity" as well. Don't know why it has never made it to an official album.The Bottle Rockets have a new album titled Lean Forward due out Aug. 11th by the way, and have just filmed a live DVD due out sometime soon. Read about it here
MP3 @ 192


Thanks a lot! Love the Bottle Rockets!
ReplyDeleteThanks man. I was at the taping for the DVD at the Highdive in Champaign, Illinois - can't wait for it. The new tunes from Lean Forward sound great and they did several that night, so really looking forward to that too.
ReplyDeleteNice! Thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteAs I remember it Brian said he was listening to too much Lindsay Buckingham specifically:)
ReplyDelete