As you guys know, I'm a huge V-Roys fan from way back. Matter fact I was telling someone the other day that I bet I played "Just Add Ice" more in the 90's than any other album and it remains one of my favorite albums to this day. So when I found these vintage V-Roys clips on youtube (posted by Scott Miller no less) I about shit a cinderblock. Check them out, you got Mary, and the most interesting to me (because it's never made it's way to an album) is the Cold Cruel World clip.
While I don't know if the V-Roys will ever get back together (I wish they would), fans in East Tennessee can get the next best thing as Scott and Mic will be playing a one of their legendary New Years Eve shows at the Bijou Theater in Knoxville. Coincidentally, the same night Virginia Tech plays Tennessee....bring it Scott!!!
Mine to Love – A Premiere from Ever More Nest
-
Photo credit: Greg Miles When was the last time you heard a waltz? And the
last time you saw clowns waltzing? I’m guessing that the former is more
likely t...
12 hours ago



Rest assured that Scott has made special arrangements to have the UT/VT game televised in the lobby of the Bijou that night. He's a bit of a UT fanatic.
ReplyDeleteHad the chance to hang out with Scott & Mic today when they were on the air at WDVX with Tony Lawson. It was nice to hear them sing "Over the Mountain" and "Cold Beer Hello (w/Mic on kazoo)" in the studio. There was some talk of a possible special surprise at the NYE show this year.
Can we get some out of print V-Roys material up here? That would be great, I have all of the Scott Miller and the Commonwealth stuff and I have Just Add Ice, but I really want the other V-Roys albums. Just asking, Thanks,
ReplyDelete